The International Sculpture Symposium of the 2015 Ho Chi Minh City International Culture Symposium is to enhance international cultural exchange and celebrate the 40-year anniversary of the liberation of the Southern Region and unification of Viet Nam while contributing to the creation of an outdoor artistic space for Ho Chi Minh City. In addition, this symposium serves as a manifestation of the ever-changing, vibrant, diligent, creative image of Ho Chi Minh city.
The following is the outline for the International Sculpture Symposium of the 2015 Ho Chi Minh City International Culture Symposium:
○ Exhibition Theme: Ho Chi Minh City – 40 years of rebuilding and development
○ Duration: from August to November 2015
○ Location: Dowtown (Nguyen Hue Street, Vo Van Kiet boulevard, banks of Nhieu Loc canal)
○ Number of Submitted Works: 40 (from 40 artists)
○ Scale of Work: 2 – 5 cubic meters with its maxium height of 3 meters
□ Support Provided for Work Creation
○ Financial Assistance
▹ Amount: 30.000.000 VND (30 million)
▹ Period of Payment: Payment in Two Installments
– First Payment (50%): Within 7 days after the start of work creation
– Second Payment: Within 7 days after the completion of work
▹ Payment Method: Deposit to the account of each artist
○ Support Provided for Work Creation
▹ Materials (marble, metal. Bronze, ceramic, wood)
▹ Assistant (stonemason)
○ Accommodation Expenses: We provide the necessary accommodation expenses, such as hotel, meals, and within Ho Chi Minh city transportation, that are related to the creation of work.
□ Submission Guidelines
○ Submission of Artist Documents
▹ Submission Form, Planning Form, Curriculum Vitae: Please refer to the given forms
▹ Catalogue Material: Artist Photo, Five Photos of Completed Works (preferably recent works)
※ Slide film (35mm) or high-resolution digital image files (15x21cm, larger than 500dpi) should be submitted.
▹ Catalogue Material: Artist Biography (up to 10 lines)
○ Copyright Issues
▹ The organizer is entitled to the following rights in regard to the materials and work of the invited artists:
– The organizer has the right to use, without agreement of artist, for the purposes of public relations (broadcasting, commercials, etc), publishing (leaflets, catalogues, CD-ROM, etc), and Internet (Website, e-mail, etc) all information concerned with the 2015 Ho Chi Minh City International Stone Culture Symposium
– The organizer retains the rights to all copyrights concerned with images of the works as well as the right to photograph and record the works.
– The organizer retains ownership of the works.
○ Work Creation
▹ Participating artists need to make work in accordance with the original planning form and model. In special circumstances, when a change is needed, endorsement of the organizer is required.
▹ During the creation of work, the environmental and technical conditions surrounding the local site should be considered.
▹ After completing the work, a document reporting the work’s completion, including how to conserve it and any necessary precautions, should be submitted.
▹ All artists need to comply with the safety management rules prescribed by the organizer.
▹ Artists need to work according to the original planning form, properly report significant items surrounding issues such as schedule, transport, etc, through written documents and receive confirmation from the organizer concerning all items related to the resulting work.
The Organizational Committee for the 2015 Ho Chi Minh City International Culture Symposium
The Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Museum, 97A Pho Duc Chinh street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Socialist Republic of Viet Nam(zip code: )
Tel: +84 838216 331, +84 838 294 441 , Fax. +84 838 213 508